During the last six months, we have worked hard on building financial infrastructure for developers and digital businesses across Africa, so you can enable innovative experiences for your customers.
As we go fully into this quarter, we want to share with you some of the amazing products we built in H1 of 2023. Here’s a recap of our major highlights at Mono.
- We hosted the Mono Ghana Network Mixer, our first physical event in Accra and got to connect with the developers and businesses who build with Mono.
- We launched the Mono BVN Lookup service 2.0 in compliance with the CBN-NIBSS consent layer to enable businesses to retrieve customer BVN data with Mono.
- We updated our institution API to return all our supported financial institutions and available products through one endpoint. Try out this API.
- Our team attended this year’s Africa Tech Summit in Nairobi, Kenya and had a great time meeting with the developers and businesses building for their users in East Africa.
- We launched the Mono dashboard 3.0 to improve your experience with our services and help you manage your business better on Mono.
- With the launch of our improved dashboard, we also introduced subscription-based pricing for our Mono Connect product.
- We updated the Mono BVN Lookup API so your users can receive an OTP via SMS by selecting any of the phone numbers registered on their BVN data.
- Open Banking guidelines: we wrote about how the Open Banking guidelines released by CBN could benefit consumers and businesses in the industry.
- We included a filter feature on the Overview page of the dashboard that lets you easily view all connection and account linking metrics by specific dates of your choosing.
- For partners who use Mono DirectPay, we added a way for you to view and track the settlement status of successful transactions, right on your dashboard.
- We added Chipper Cash on the Mono Connect widget for users in Nigeria to securely link their accounts and share their financial data, with any business. Try it out here.
- Subscription renewals: we improved the billing experience for Enterprise partners to renew their subscription on the dashboard. Here's how it works.
- Limit reminders: we made a dashboard update to notify you and other businesses when you're approaching your connected account limit.
- Mono 360view endpoint: we improved the 360view endpoint to enable businesses in Nigeria to view and retrieve the bank accounts registered with a user’s BVN or phone number. Try out this endpoint.
- We went live with the Mono Transaction Metadata v2 and included a richer and more accurate range than before when classifying customers’ transactions.
- We added Opay as a connection on the Mono Connect widget so you can securely retrieve your users’ financial data, with their permission. Try a demo here.
- Sidebar search feature: we built a search feature that lets you easily view and navigate the multiple products you use on Mono.
- We implemented a dedicated billing view for DirectPay on the dashboard to allow you switch between multiple products and manage your billing information.
- On the Audit Logs module, we added a way to view and track billing events performed by your team members on your Mono account.
Updates from July
Here are a couple of updates from last month:
- Gomoney is live as a connection on the Mono Connect widget and your users in Nigeria can now securely link their accounts to share their financial data with your business. Try a demo here.
- We have improved the invoice billing experience on the dashboard. Partners can now generate an invoice whenever they are ready to pay and process their payment via Mono DirectPay or bank transfers. Watch how this works here.
- On our Verify BVN OTP endpoint, we have enabled a feature that lets users add an alternative phone number that is not on their BVN data.